Friday, February 20, 2009

breakfast for one

On any other day, I ate pop tarts for breakfast but today I don't have class so I have free time and I make basic french toast.

Basic French Toast
1 egg
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
3 slices white bread
butter
maple syrup

Beat the egg lightly in a shallow bowl, add milk, salt and sugar.
Heat the butter in a skillet in a medium-low heat.
Soak the bread to the egg mixture and do it for both sides.
Transfer the coated bread one by one to the skillet and let it heat slowly until it turns golden brown, and turn on the other side and do the same.

Serve with maple syrup.

This recipe is for one person, if you want to make more, just double the ingredients.

4 comments:

  1. i just used this recipe with potato bread. simple and delicious! thanks for sharing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy, good to know that it turns out great for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just tried it. I used sourdough, it gave it a great savory flavor. next time i think i'll use white bread :]

    ReplyDelete