Monday, July 6, 2009

cocopandan muffins

What do you do when you're upset?
I usually eat, but this time I bake.

cocopandan muffins




1/2 cup butter (125mL)
1 1/3 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
5 tbsp coconut milk/milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp pandan extract
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line muffins pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
3. Beat butter until it's creamy and beat the egg one by one in medium speed.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the creamy batter as well as the coconut milk and pandan extract. Mix it until well blended with a spatula.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.



11 comments:

  1. Hi... I never heard about pandan, I still search a translation. But this cupcakes look great. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anja!

    Pandan is the malay word for Screwpine Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a cool color! What does Pandan taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing color! What do these taste like? Is the coconut milk prevalent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ungourmet & nikitheo :
    i don't know exactly how to explain what it tastes like, but i think vanilla is the closest to pandan flavor. and the coconut milk doesn't taste much because of the strong taste of pandan. and i have to add that i did not use any colorant, just 3 tbsp of the extract gives you that very green color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour. Just looking at the photo cheers me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is there a a difference between pandan extract and pandan essence?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure about this but I suppose it's pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh. this thing sure looks like a delicious green monster cupcake. Hahaha!! No offense. This coconut milk must have been well-adorned and stirred, or i am sure the color wouldn't be this explicit. Well, cheerio, that's a good work you got there

    ReplyDelete
  10. aren't bottles of extracts quite small.. about 30mls? wouldn't 2 tbsp be practically half the bottle already/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is 60ml, so half the bottle, actually you do not have to put that much. It's just your preference on the color. But I do put almost 2 tbsp for this.

    ReplyDelete